In accordance with Spanish regulations and pursuant to the Spanish Data Protection Agency directives, we hereby inform you about what a cookie is, which cookies are used at www.camaragipuzkoa.com, the use it makes of said cookies, and how to disable them.
What is a cookie and what information does it store?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser when you visit almost any web page. Cookies have been used for the past 20 years, when the first web browsers appeared. A cookie is not a virus, a worm or a Trojan, it is not spam or spyware, and it does not open pop-ups.
The data saved on cookies is technical, referring to personal preferences, content personalisation, usage statistics, links to social media, access to user accounts, etc. Cookies do not store sensitive data about you, such as information about your credit cards or bank details, photographs, ID or personal information, etc.
Their utility lies in enabling the web page to recall your visit the next time you browse that page. The objective of cookies is to adapt web content to meet your profile and needs. Without cookies, the services offered on any page would be considerably diminished.
The web server does not associate you as a person, but rather your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and you try to browse the same web page with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web page does not realise that you are the same person, because it is actually associating with the browser, not the person.
What type of cookies do we use?
On www.camaragipuzkoa.com we use first-party and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are those that are generated by the web page you are visiting, and third-party cookies are generated by external services or providers, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
This website uses the following first-party cookies:
- Technical cookies: These are the most fundamental and, among other things, they enable us to know when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, language preferences, and basic tasks to ensure any dynamic web page functions correctly.
- Analytical cookies: These compile information about the type of browsing taking place, the sections that are most used, posts viewed, time zone, language, etc.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
Further information about Google Analytics cookies and privacy information
- Social media: Each social media outlet uses its own cookies so that you can click on Like or Share buttons.
Can cookies be deleted or disabled?
Yes. Not only can they be deleted, they can be blocked, either generally or individually for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, you must go to your browser settings where you will be able to find the cookies associated with the domain in question and delete them.
You may exercise your right to disable or delete cookies from this website at any time. These actions are carried out differently depending on the browser you are using.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Here are some examples to help you understand the potential scope of disabling cookies:
- You will not be able to personalise your geographical preferences, your time zone or language
- The www.camaragipuzkoa.com website may not perform web analyses on visitors and traffic on its web page, which will make it difficult to optimise its contents and offer you the information that may be of interest to you.
- Web browsers are the tools entrusted with storing cookies, and it is from here that you must exercise your right, if you wish, to delete or disable said cookies. Neither this web page nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases, cookies need to be installed so that the browser does not forget your decision to not accept them.
- Neither this web page nor its legal representatives are responsible for the content or the veracity of the privacy policies that the third parties mentioned in this cookies policy may have.
Cookies settings on the most commonly used browsers
To access the cookies settings on Firefox, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy
- In History, select Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the Accept cookies option. You may enable or disable it, depending on your preferences.
Next, we will show you how to access a specific cookie in Chrome. Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences on the File menu or by clicking on the personalisation icon at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click on Show advanced settings
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list will appear with all the cookies in order of domain. To make it easier to find the cookies for a specific domain, type in the address (partially or in full) in the Search cookies field.
- After this filter you will see one or several lines on the screen with the cookies for the requested web page. Now all you have to do is to select the cookie in question and click on the X to delete it.
To access the cookies settings on Internet Explorer, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet options.
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider until you reach your required level of privacy.
To access the cookies settings on Safari for OS X, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- Here you will see the Block cookies option where you can adjust the type of block you require.
To access the cookies settings on Safari for iOS, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, here you will see the Block cookies option where you can adjust the type of block you require.
To access the cookies settings on the browser for Android devices, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open the browser and press on Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, where you will see the Accept cookies options, which you can enable or disable.
To access the cookies settings on the browser for Windows Phone devices, please follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings.